The Raise Your Voice Coaching Difference
We offer customized private coaching and workshops in public speaking & presentation skills, voice improvement and media training. We have an extensive background in broadcasting, voice, and theatre, to help you take your communication skills to a new level!
- Executive coaching tailored to meet your unique needs and schedule
- Our approach to workshops is interactive, educational, team building and fun!
- We embrace diversity in the workplace and we love to assist clients whose first language is not English
- If you’re speaking to the media, or if you’re already on TV, you’ll learn how to enhance your content and delivery.
To help others become the best speaker they can possibly be!
Who we’ve coached:
- On-air media talent working in Toronto and abroad
- Corporate executives in both the private and public sectors
- Individuals campaigning for office
- Professionals who work with the public including physicians, law professionals, accountants, realtors, firefighters
- University and college deans, professors, business students, broadcasting students and staff
- TEDxToronto speakers
Cathy Sobocan, M.A.
Principal, Raise Your Voice Coaching
Cathy’s varied background makes her your ideal corporate communication skills coach. She brings into her coaching over 13 years of experience as a private trainer, college and university professor, and voice coach for TEDxToronto. She’s spent a lot of time on the other side of the microphone herself, with over 20 years of experience as a radio and television broadcast journalist in Canada and NYC. Her insider information makes her an excellent media trainer.
Cathy is highly accredited. She obtained a graduate diploma in voice coaching from York University’s Department of Theatre (where she also taught voice and speech), a Masters in Broadcast Journalism from Carleton University, a Bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies and Vocal Music from the University of Windsor, and a Radio Broadcasting Certificate from Humber College.
She’s completed extensive professional development training at The Stratford Festival, Canada’s National Voice Intensive, The Second City, and various acting schools in Toronto and NYC. She draws from her experience as a professional singer in bands, on TV and on cruise ships. In her spare time, Cathy enjoys going to the gym, hiking, crewing on sailboats, traveling and watching movies.