How To Be a Better Communicator
If you want to be a better communicator, it requires that you be fully engaged with your audience, as well as yourself. There aren’t any tricks here. No matter if you’re a top executive heading up meetings, or giving a keynote speech, it’s soul searching work…
How to be a Better Communicator Checklist
- Are you communicating without judgment? Or focused on having to be right? Or focused on proving your point?
- Are you genuinely listening to responses?
- Is your voice masking communication, or are you sharing thoughts and information with generosity?
- If you want action from others, have you clearly asked for what you want?
- Are you inviting people in as you speak? Or speaking at them.
- After you’ve communicated, have you reviewed with honesty, how you did, and how you could have improved? Practice makes perfect.